Additional tools for using the HIV self-test
Additional brochures :
Mali has an intermediate HIV prevalence rate (1.4%) in the general population. Bamako is reported to have the highest prevalence rate (1.7%), followed by Ségou (1.3%), Koulikoro (1.2%), Kayes (1.1%) and Sikasso (0.9%). The 2014-2015 IBBS data showed that HIV prevalence among MSM in Bamako was 13.7% and that 90.1% of HIV-infected men were unaware of their status. He also concluded that almost one-third had never been tested for HIV.
Source : AidSInfo, UNAIDS, 2019
Who is the project for ?
- Key hard-to-reach populations and their partners :
- men who have sex with men (MSM)
- sex workers (SW), including occasional sex workers, and their partners and clients
- Partners of people living with HIV (PLWHA)
- Patients with sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and their partners
The project is implemented with
And also in collaboration with :
- The Executive Secretariat of the High National Council for the Fight against AIDS, the Popular Pharmacy of Mali
- And AKS, AMPRODE SAHEL, ARCAD-SIDA, DANAYA SO, Population Services International and SOUTOURA.